Pages

Thursday 9 June 2016

Choosing my holiday reading

We are going on holiday on Tuesday so this week i have been choosing what i would like to read while we are away.

Top of my list is the new Angela Marsons book.  I bought this as an e-book as soon as it came out but I have been saving it until now.  Her books are now available in paperback and although i have them on my kindle i will buy them in paper form at some point because they are something i would like to have on my shelf, (to just you know, look at, stroke and smell, Judy, you will totally understand this, right :-)


The following 3 I also have on my Kindle




This last one was coming up quite expensive for a Kindle download, don't you find that sometimes?
I have no qualms about paying for a paperback or hardback but when it comes to paying more than a couple of pounds for an e-book I am very reluctant, probably something to with it not feeling like a real book I suppose, anyway, luckily I managed to get a copy of My Real Children from the library.

Chris at alwayssmiling recently recommended this book on her blog and I thought It sounded good so I'm looking forward to this one.



If you have read any of the above do let me know what you thought, or if you have any book recommendations, I've fallen into a bit of a reading slump, I'm finding it hard to get into anything at the moment, I'm hoping that a nice relaxing holiday will get me going again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you to Angela who accepted the Liebster award from my last post.  
I will be looking forward to reading your answers on your next blog post Angela :-)

I will blog again before we fly off on Tuesday because I almost have something to show you, and it WILL be finished because I want to take it away with me :-)

Till then
-X-

4 comments:

Jo said...

I haven't read any of those books so I look forward to hearing what you thought of them after your holiday, I put lots of books on my wish list after reading reviews of them on blogs. I tend to read only when I go to bed, if I wake up during the night or if I'm awake early but it's different when I'm on holiday, I read during the day too so I enjoy choosing which books to take with me. I'm the same with Kindle books, I never pay more than a couple of pounds for them but I do manage to get quite a few which appear in the daily deals for 99p.

Tina said...

I haven't read any of those books Maggie,but looking forward to the reviews.Have a fabulous time xx

Crazee4books said...

Hello Maggie,

Oh Boy!!! Holiday reading time!! Awesomesauce!!!

Ah yes, books .... physical, real, touchable, hefty (the kind that I like best),
pretty (why yes, I do judge a book by it's cover ... I figure if the author went
to all that time and trouble and effort to research and write the darn thing
the least that the publishers could do is give it a snazzy or pretty or striking
cover .... but I digress). I love to see a full shelf of books.

All of which is to say that I don't do ebooks. I love me some hardback
books ... preferably well over 400 pages long.

I confess that I am not familiar with any of the authors that you've featured
here Maggie. Probably because I prefer my murder mysteries to be more
genteel and from an earlier era such as the first world war period. But I
know the thrill of holding a new book by a favoured author and anticipating
the chance to sit down and devour ... er .... read it cover to cover. Bet you
can't wait to dive into these beauties. Enjoy!

Your fellow bookworm! Cheers!

Julie said...

Haven't read any if your books shown Maggie, but I hope you enjoy reading time in he sunshine. Have a lovely holiday.