Pages

Tuesday 7 August 2012

Coloured Chevrons

I finished the lovely chevron baby blanket offered on 
I actually finished it about two weeks ago now but I'm playing catch-up with everything at the moment.


The pattern recommendation was for aran weight yarn but the choice of colours in cotton aran was very limited in my local shop so i knitted mine in DK Rico 100% cotton, cast on more stitches and used 5mm needles.


I'm so happy with how it turned out :-)
And the pattern was so simple, not a purl stitch in sight!

I used 7 different colours but kept that lovely silver grey in the middle and repeated the white and the cream on either side.



The result Is still quite chunky and heavy even with using DK yarn and it's a perfect size for a  pram / stroller blanket :-)

I'm totally in love with this trendy baby blanket, and i can see me knitting more of them:-)

Until next time xx

18 comments:

cucki said...

Wow it is so beautiful xxx

Roberta said...

The baby blanket is beautiful and as ususal your photos are great.

Christina said...

Gorgeous blanket! I love the colours you've used. My mum just knit a blanket for a friend of mine who had a baby girl last week. She used Sirdar whispers DK and it is super soft. What's even better is that the wool was on offer in Hobbycraft for 99p a ball! :0)

Anonymous said...

That is over-the-top gorgeous! I love the colors you chose.

Lainey said...

Your baby blanket is beautiful Maggie. Love the colours you chose.

Loraine said...

What a perfect baby blanket! I am in love with Chevrons right now too. :)

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

That is a gorgeous baby blanket, Maggie! I love the colors.

Mary said...

Lovely - what a lucky baby!

Julie said...

Beautiful, so handy too.

Melanie said...

Very nice!!!
It will only get better with age too, being cotton.
Nicely done. :)

Mylene said...

what lovely! and so love the colours you have chosen!!

valerie said...

Lovely baby blanket! I just love the colors you chose!

Catherine said...

So very pretty! Love it!

Penny said...

Very pretty! And a lovely color combination too!

HeidiInHolland said...

F*A*B*U*L*O*U*S!

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

Solstitches said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Lucky mum and baby to have this pretty blanket.
Margaret

Chris said...

Its absolutely gorgeous, a must to knit I think! Love the colours you have choosen

Happy days

Chris x

Salaneuloja said...

How beautiful! He or she will be one lucky baby.