Pages

Wednesday 20 April 2011

Little Square Houses

I hope you are all enjoying this glorious weather we are having, isn't it great to be able to have the doors and windows open and hang the washing on the line, lol
~~~~~
Just a quick update from me tonight to share the progress on my Sampler Game board, the SAL Judy and I are stitching together.
We are stitching on Fridays or over the weekend when we can and are on week 3.

And the other way up so that you can see the upside down squares


And this is the whole thing so far

Judy started at the bottom whereas i have started at the top left so you will be able to follow our progress from both ends :-)
Although this looks like a huge project, i think it's going to stitch up fairly quickly as those little house grow pretty fast :-)
~~~~~~
No stitching for me this weekend though, me and DD#1 are going on one of our city breaks, we will be jetting off to Venice on Friday morning, back on Monday evening.  I have holiday from work until May 3rd so i plan on going down to Weymouth to visit Mark for a few days before his job finishes.  If the weather holds out it should be really nice.
~~~~~~
I'll be back with updates and tales of Venice as soon as i can.  
 Until then, have fun and enjoy our extended Bank Holidays :-)

22 comments:

Ranae said...

looking great!

Gabi said...

What a beautiful design. Looks lovely. Looking forward to see more of it.
We just finished summer here and going into Autumn. But Autumn is here quite warm too thankfully. :)

LiahonaGirl said...

I don't think I've seen that design before. It's darling. Who is the designer?

Anonymous said...

You are making wonderful progress on your Sampler Game board project. I love the fabric you are using. It is just lovely.

Kate said...

Love the game board - the colours really sing.
Enjoy Venice - I'm not envious - much!

Crazee4books said...

I had to get up in the middle of
the night to close our bedroom
window because the curtains were
billowing up to the ceiling and
there was freezing rain coming
in plus the wind sounded like a
tornado in the movie Twister!!
The thunder and lightning were
a few hours later. I'm wearing
my winter coat again.

It's Spring!! Oh happy day!

Bah, Humbug!!!

Mouse said...

Yep am enjoying the weather here :0 have a great mini break and the progress on your board is fab :) squeak to you soon love mouse xxxx

Cath said...

Oooh , have a lovely break . The weather is totally great , my washer is on overtime , lol . Enjoy !

Maureen said...

Hope you have a fab weekend in Venice. that is a really smart gameboard, can't wait to see more of it.

Sherry said...

I love the sampler gameboard so far! Yes, the weather has been lovely in between all the storms.

Nancy said...

A beautiful stitched piece! Enjoy Venice!

Katrina said...

Looks gorgeous!!!! Love your blog background too.

Mylene said...

It is looking beautiful!
Enjoy your outing with your daughter.

Melanie said...

What a wonderful project! Very cute.

Lynn said...

Love the gameboard sampler! It looks like it would be a fun stitch.
Have a good trip to Venice. I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures of your trip.

Heidi said...

How wonderful! I love these gameboards and have never done one. Well, I am working on a PrimNeedle one but they are not as involved as these. A friend of mine made one and it was so nice when it was done.

Have a great Easter weekend!

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

Sue said...

I have always loved this design and had it in my stash for a long time until I sold tons of my stash on eBay years ago (this was one that went). Seeing your's makes me wish I hadn't sold it.

Carolien said...

Oh these houses are lovely, Maggie!
Have a nice day & happy stitching!

Sally said...

Your Sampler Game Board looks fantastic so far.

Julie said...

The gameboard is growing lovely

Hope you had a fabulous weekend away

Karan said...

SG is looking good - it's a new one to me, so will enjoy watching it develop. :0)

MysteryKnitter said...

SG looks good. Keep up the good work!